- Nominators must inform the nominee of their nomination.
- Nominations must be submitted by a current or previous (within the last 5 years) student health researcher.
- Before submitting a nomination, compile the documents listed below in order to upload them to your online submission form.
- The nomination should include a clearly written argument on how the nominee:
- Demonstrates that students receive support and guidance from the nominee throughout their research experience including such things as on-going constructive feedback; fostering and facilitating students' skills for problem solving, critical thinking, self-directed learning and effective communicating; creating a stimulating, motivating and supportive learning environment; demonstrating availability, attentiveness and encouragement;
- Demonstrates a commitment to career development support by facilitating other research experiences for the student such as grant writing, presenting at conferences, publications opportunities and plans for continued research activities;
- Demonstrates support beyond formal schooling such as helping a student optimize an educational experience, assisting the student's socialization into a disciplinary culture, or helping the student find suitable employment;
- Indicates that the mentor acts as a role model in the discipline by sharing experiences that will influence students' experience and future career;
- Demonstrates continuous, long-term commitment to students by his/her own contributions to the creation of knowledge, ideas and practices; and
- Demonstrates that mentoring is a personal, as well as, professional relationship.
Supporting letter (max 2 pages)
A corroborating letter of support from an individual in addition to the nominator is required as part of the submission. Another individual can be current or former students who are/were mentored by the nominee, colleagues, supervisors, or others within the establishment in a position to attest to the mentor’s impact and contribution to the student researcher’s development.
Other supporting documentation
The nomination should include a list of students supervised or mentored currently or over the past 5 years, any associated funding received to support students, successfully realized publications and presentations by their students, co-publications and co-presentations with students, and any other information that will help to evaluate the nominee’s mentoring achievements.
Online Submission Form
All fields on the submitting form are mandatory and the above attachments must be loaded at the bottom of the submitting form.